You know I love a good list, and todays article is no exception. I get to talk about some of my favorite travel items….in list form! This has been so fun to put together, but also so hard. Trying to narrow down my top ten was nearly impossible. Ultimately it was possible since you’re reading this, but you get the idea. In fact, don’t be surprised if you see more posts in the future with more top travel lists. I have so many favorites, I could probably write a book!
Real talk, I hate to fly. Oh my goodness, I hate it so very much. It’s a bit of a struggle every time, but my love of the actual trip gets me through it. Well that and a cocktail….or twelve. In fact, we leave for just a quick weekend trip to Phoenix here in a couple of days and I am already feeling the anxiety. Well, at least I have this awesome list to write to keep my mind, (sort of) off of it.
So, without further ado (aka, Leah’s babbling), and in no particular order, here is my top ten travel items to look good, and to feel even better, when traveling!
1.An awesome maxi skirt- I adore the LulaRoe maxi skirt! In fact, I have about ten of these bad boys in my closet. I especially love them for travel because the fabric generally doesn’t wrinkle, its stretchy (I tend to get a MAJOR food baby when traveling) it’s comfy, and it can be worn a million ways. If you don’t own one yet, you’re totally missing out. No worries though because I got you boo. Click here and you can pick one up! It’s the PERFECT piece for travel and for capsule wardrobes due to its versatility and amazingness. Much like myself.
2.A basic, standard Chambray shirt- Everyone truly needs one of these in their life. Don’t know what to wear? Boom. Add a chambray shirt. They can be worn long with leggings, unbuttoned as a light jacket, tied in the front, tucked in or just as is. You can get them all over the place, but you can find some cute ones here.
3. My own, curated mini makeup bag- Words cannot express how much I love all of these products, but let’s try.
- First, Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade. This stuff is the BEST brow product I have ever used! I keep it in my makeup bag, not only to keep myself from looking like a creepy alien, but it also can be used as an eyeliner. **This is just something I have discovered. This is not the “official word” from ABH, FYI**
- Next is Burts Bees Tinted Lip Balm. I mean if youre going to get chapped lips on a plane, you might as well have a little color on there. You’re not an animal!
- Roller Lash Mascara is pure magic. Remember how I said I needed my Dipbrow pomade to not look like a creepy alien? Well, these two are friends. Its truly fabulous mascara.
- Ok, There are a lot of probably better quality contour palettes out there, but this one is super affordable, has good colors that can also work as eye shadows in a pinch (again that’s not official so don’t sue me) and is a good size for travel. It’s the E.L.F Contour Makeup Palette and I love it.
- Next is MY FAVORITE BEAUTY PRODUCT EVER! Tarte Shape Tape. If you have not tried this yet, GO BUY SOME NOW! It’s the best concealer I have ever used. It has nice full coverage that doesn’t accentuate my wrinkles, it lasts forever, and it works as a great highlighter and brightener. If I use this, I generally don’t even have to use foundation. Dont use this as an all over foundation though just to be clear, You’ll look like a ghost and people will be terrified of you. Hey, that might be the look you’re going for though. If so, no judgement. You do you Boo, you do you. Oh yes and pun was intended. You’re welcome.
- Lastly, is the Tarte Cheek Stain. Honestly, this one I fear might be getting discontinued, but I am not sure. I bought mine some time ago and its lasted a really long time. I love it because it’s a double duty, if not triple duty item. It can be used for cheeks, lips or even eyes. It packs up well, smells great, and is relatively non toxic. Its perfection. Again, much like myself.
4. A cute, yet super functional backpack- This Cynthia Rowley Backpack is adorable, but also big enough to fit all the necessities. I have traveled with cross body bags, tote bags, messenger bags, all of them and nothing compares to the convenience of traveling with a backpack. Its just so much easier. As long as you get a cute one. Please, no old, raggedy, schlumpy bags. Just say no to the schlump.
5. Comfy black, or neutral colored flip flops- Being from the Pacific Northwest, we can be a little weird about flip flops. We’ll wear them rain or shine. Being that it’s the PNW, it’s usually rain. With that being said, I always travel with a pair of Havaianas. They are the most comfortable flip flops I have ever worn. It’s a bit of a faux pas, but do wear them on the airplane. It’s totally a comfort thing for me and I love that I can just slip them on or off at my leisure. They are also great to have if you’re staying at a place with a pool, or if your shower situation is less than ideal at a hostel etc. Just bring some with you, ok?
6. Black LulaRoe Leggings- Ok, I don’t have a photo of these because well, they’re black leggings. Now, they dont need to be black, but if I am just traveling super light, black is the easiest for me. If you havent tried LulaRoe leggings, DO IT. DO IT NOW. They’re so comfortable! I wear mine on the plane, as PJ’s at night, or if I ate too, much which happens more often than not. Treat yo’self and get a pair here.
7. A Tunic Length Sweatshirt- I have a million sweatshirts. My favorite, which is very similar to this one, was not “camera ready” so I borrowed this one from Amazon. In my experience, there’s always a time when traveling where nothing sounds better than putting on a comfy hoodie, with leggings usually, and just being comfy. A sweatshirt like this is also cute enough to wear out in public without looking like a hobo.
8. A multifunctional piece of jewelry- This wrap necklace is MY FAVORITE PIECE OF TRAVEL JEWELRY! I can wear it a million different ways, as a necklace or a bracelet. It’s a nice, neutral color and goes with everything! I got mine from my favorite jewelry designer, Element Creations Jewelry. Even if you don’t get one of these necklaces, pick yourself up one of her other one of a kind creations. You wont regret it! Plus, you’re supporting a small business and a kick butt chica!
9. Solid perfume- Solid perfume is so wonderful for travel! You don’t have to worry about it spilling all over your stuff, breaking in your bag, and not getting past security. I am obsessed with LUSH and this Amelie Mae Solid Perfume is no exception. It smells like heaven! Also, pro tip. Pick up a new perfume every time you travel and wear it while you’re there. That way, you not only have an awesome souvenir, but every time you wear it, you’re reminded of your trip. You can thank me later for that.
10. Wash cards- So speaking of LUSH, I just discovered their amazing little beauties, wash cards. I kind of discovered these on accident last time I went into the store. The girls kindly threw in a half-dozen of these weird things into my bag with my purchase. When I got home, I looked in my bag and was super puzzled. Did they just throw garbage in my bag? How rude! It took me a minute, but after some googling, I discovered what they are. The best way to describe them is like little sheets of soap. You break off a piece, lather it up with water, and, you guessed it, wash. I just take them with me and use them as a body soap (oh and did I mention they smell incredible) but apparently you can use them as shampoo too. Who knew little pieces of trash could be so awesome?
Well, that’s it for today, my peeps. Make sure to subscribe so you’re always “in the know” with the rest of the cool kids. Also, if you feel like following (stalking) elsewhere, you can find me on Facebook, follow me on Instagram or Pinterest.
Until next time!
**original post located here.