Here are things I love….in no particular order….or IS it?
- My Husband
- My family
- My Pets
- Paul Rudd
I may have a problem if we really analyze that list. Lets not and say we did, ok? Perfect. Glad we’re on the same page.
Sadly, even though my mind loves all the bread, my tummy, not so much. This is also a challenge when traveling. There is nothing better than trying new tasty breads, sandwiches etc in new places. Thankfully there are some really great gluten-free options out there. This recipe, which is one that is a tweaked version of this recipe I found, is one of the BEST gluten-free muffin recipes I’ve ever tried. Trust me, it’s so delicious!
Now, ingredients really make a big difference when cooking. That’s pretty much a “hey thanks Captain Obvious” statement, but it really, really does. Lets start first with perhaps the hardest gluten-free ingredient to find that’s tasty and doesn’t cost 5 million dollars, the flour. Personally I am a fan of this Bob’s Red Mill Flour.
Its pretty affordable and neither my husband or father in law notice the tell-tale “this is gluten-free” taste with it. ‘Tis a win win! I got mine at the local Market of Choice (AKA the Food Museum. Get it? everything is so expensive, you just look at it) but you can also find it on Amazon as well….of course.
Another magic component is this honey. I got it at Grocery Outlet and its BY FAR the best honey I have EVER had. OMG. Just get me a spoon.
Speaking of Grocery outlet and amazingness, THESE EGGS! Man, fresh from the farm eggs are always best, but these are pretty darn impressive. Snatch them up if you can find them.
These are seriously the best muffins I have ever made….and I have made a LOT! Give them a try!
Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
AKA Magic Deliciousness
Original Recipe Credit: kingarthurflour.com
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 very ripe, medium bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup (or more) semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 375 and grease your muffin tins
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients (baking powder, salt, and flour)
- With an electric mixer, cream together your butter, sugar and honey
- Then, add each egg one at a time to butter mixture
- Next, add the flour mixture and the mashed bananas. Add them in thirds alternating between dry mixture and bananas. Scrape bowl in between add ins.
- Then, using a spoon, fold in the chocolate chips. I usually use about half a cup, but feel free to go to town and add as many as you’d like. VIVA LA CHOCOLATE CHIPS!
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins. Fill them each up to the top. The mixture will rise above each cup when baking, and trust me, you want that.
- Bake them between 22 and 25 minutes at 375. I usually check them at 22. Gently push on the tops, and as long as they’re a bit springy, you’re good to go!
- Remove from the oven and then (if you can just hold out a little longer…) wait for 5 minutes for them to cool before taking them out of the pan. Enjoy!
Until next time!